These maps are taken from the archive of Ordnance Survey maps held at the National Library of Scotland. They chart the gradual development of the area.
This is an image from Google Earth taken in 1945. It shows the allotments having spilled over into the area now occupied by the student flats, as well as a significant area of the golf course. This is part of the “Dig for Victory” campaign of the Second World War.
This wider image shows the whole of Florence Park being under cultivation.